- Answer telephones, route calls, take messages, and provide general information; greet and direct visitors; answer routine inquiries; maintain log of inquiries as required.
- Open and route incoming mail; distribute correspondence and other material to department staff/faculty.
- Perform a variety of routine typing assignments as appropriate to the position;
- May operate a personal computer to draft basic correspondence, enter data, and print letters, labels, reports, and/or other materials; type and mail form letters.
- Copy and/or duplicate materials as requested; may oversee day-to-day operation of copy machine.
- Establish, maintain, process, and/or updates files, records, and/or other documents.
- May perform specialized services of a routine clerical/administrative nature in strict accordance with established procedural guidelines, as appropriate to the position.
- May schedule or assist in scheduling appointments, meetings, and/or conferences, as appropriate to the position.
- May order, stock, and distribute office supplies.
- May run various routine errands, as required, for the unit/department.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.