- Create electronically-designed page layouts and imports word processing files into page layouts, as appropriate to the position; may develop and produce web-based graphics, as requested.
- Conceptualize, design, and produce curriculum, training, and/or promotional materials such as flyers, ads, brochures, logos, office signage, exhibits, and/or displays.
- Produce technical and scientific illustrations for presentations and/or publication, as appropriate to the requirements of the position.
- Coordinate the printing production process to ensure quality: write printing and other reproduction specifications (selects ink, paper, and print quality); inspect proofs for accuracy; recommend contractors (typesetters, printers, illustrators, photographers, cartographers).
- Design and produce camera-ready art including graphs, charts, clip art, posters, digitization of graphics, line-art, and/or photos.
- Consult with faculty and staff to identify their graphics needs, budget constraints, and reasonable deadlines for the project; serve as a liaison between the client and printers/publishers.
- May coordinate a graphics or photographic library and/or maintain digital records.
- Write and edit basic copy, as appropriate, which may include press releases in some instances.
- May provide technical computer support and install software programs.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.