- Patrols assigned areas on foot or in a vehicle to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- Provides escort services for visitors, students, staff, faculty, and individuals responsible for transportation of monies to or from university depositories as required.
- Provides public assistance, including lockout services and information.
- Watches for and reports irregularities, such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked; sounds alarm in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Performs periodic checks of emergency call boxes to ensure proper functioning; reports malfunctions as required.
- Prepares routine, standardized reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.