We always seek to hire only qualified candidates who are able to contribute to the achievement of AUST vision and add value to the student and community experience. In addition, AUST continues to adapt and develop best practices and retention strategies so as to become an employer of choice.
- To ensure all recruitment and selection procedures comply with AUST Equal Opportunity Policy.
- To base selection decisions and criteria directly on the demands and requirements of the job and the competencies identified as necessary for satisfactory performance.
- To ensure that all appointments are made on merit.
- To attract sufficient applications from potential candidates for appointment with the skills, qualities, abilities, experience and competencies deemed as being necessary to the job.
- To ensure that recruitment procedures are clear, valid and consistently applied by those involved in recruitment and that they provide for fair and equitable treatment for those who apply for employment.