Ajman University (AU) is fully committed to ensuring that all members of Staff (Administrative & Academic), have the relevant knowledge, skills and expertise to perform their work to consistently high standards; and to achieve their full potential compatible with university policies and procedures.
The University interprets staff development as referring to all categories of its staff. It recognizes that the efficient and effective functioning of the institution depends on its support for and provision of staff development and training academic, academic-related and admin staff alike at all levels, including those working on full- time or internship basis.
The training policy will strengthen (AU) by assisting employees to perform their duties through enhancing or upgrading existing skills. the existence of suitable learning and development opportunities, with appropriate support, has been demonstrated as one of the indicators of high-performing organizations, where staff engagement, satisfaction and effort are closely correlated with organizational effectiveness. There are also direct impacts on recruitment and retention. An effective learning and development policy should, therefore, be viewed as a core lock of any Human Resources strategies.
- Invest in the Human Capital as the most important element in the education process.
- Raise awareness about training benefits as an important asset.
- Improve the quality of services via developing employees’ skills, abilities and knowledge; and consequently improving work performance and productivity.
- Help to retain and develop AU employees’ careers, in addition to attracting higher calibre candidates.
The HR Training fulfills its aims by:
- Improving AU employees and working relationships, thus enabling AU to achieve its mission in delivering the highest level of Human Resources Services and Customer Satisfaction.
- Acting to support AU employees in their service to the university through a commitment to attract, orient, retain, motivate, educate and develop AU employees to their fullest potential.
- Developing training activities which serve AU's business objectives and instill AU’s values.