The Teaching Assistant assists the instructors in class and lab experiments preparation and delivery. Their duties and responsibilities include without limitation:
- To assist students, individually or in-group, during free hours to practice or reinforce learned concepts.
- To supervise students, under the guidance of Faculty Members, utilizing a variety of methods including discussions and role-playing during free hours.
- To assist students in all experiments and lab works.
- To provide support in field training courses
- To assist the instructors in planning and preparing for daily activities
- To assist the instructors in correcting practical tests related to the courses.
- To prepare quantitatively and qualitatively adequate experiments in a timely manner.
- To respond to staff' technical questions, and to questions related to the use of equipment.
- To guide and help students and part-time instructors with using Ajman System and Moodle to perform related work.
- To help to implement course timetable on Ajman System so that students can register.
- To provide guidance and assistance for new students
- To assist Academic Advisor to register new students every semester.
- To supervise the final exam procedures (proctors' distribution and their attendance, daily reports collection and final report preparation).
- To maintain laboratory equipment and instruments in optimal operating condition.
- To make statistical calculations, analyze data and prepare reports summarizing results.
- To assist in all secretarial works whenever needed (typesetting, distributing of all circulation memos and reports……)
- To work as a technical support for the department and faculty members.
40 hours/week as per AUST regulations for Teaching Assistants.